We are excited to announce our first contest for the 4th Annual NJ Makers Day. Partnering with WeMake 4H of Edison, NJ, the 2018 Scratch Challenge is an open contest for elementary and middle school–age NJ residents.
Scratch is a programming tool designed by MIT that introduces kids to programming concepts. It uses snap-together and colorfully organized blocks to create programs that can do anything from simulating a game to playing a movie!
Use Scratch to make a program that shows the importance of Maker Education!
This contest is open any NJ youth currently studying in grades 2-8 can participate.
- Create your project using the Scratch editor
- Click on the “Embed” link below your program
- Copy the URL
- Include your name, grade, and the program URL
- Include your email ID
- Completed programs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018
Judging and Prizes
All entries will be judged by WeMake’s advisors based on originality, creativity and how well the animation fits into the challenge theme.
Programs will be judged in two categories:
- Elementary school students (Grades 2-5)
- Middle school students (Grades 6-8)
Winning animations will be contacted through email by April 30, 2018. Prizes will include gift cards to Maker Shed.
This contest is brought to you by a collaboration between WeMake 4H and NJ Makers Day.