We are excited to announce our first contest for the 5th Annual New Jersey Makers Day. Partnering with WeMake 4H of Edison, NJ, the 2019 Scratch Challenge is an open contest for elementary and middle school–age NJ residents.
Scratch is a programming tool designed by MIT that introduces kids to programming concepts. It uses snap-together and colorfully organized blocks to create programs that can do anything from simulating a game to playing a movie!
Use Scratch to make a program that shows the importance of Maker Education!
This contest is open to all students in grades 2-8 who are NJ residents.
- Create your project using the Scratch editor
- Click on the “Embed” link below your program
- Copy the URL
What to Submit
- Include your name, grade, and the program URL
- Include your email ID
- Completed programs should be emailed to email@example.com by March 30th, 2019
Judging and Prizes
All entries will be judged by WeMake’s advisors based on originality, creativity and how well the animation fits into the challenge theme.
Programs will be judged in two categories:
- Elementary school students (Grades 2-5)
- Middle school students (Grades 6-8)
Winning animations will be contacted through email by April 30th, 2019. Prizes will include gift cards to Maker Shed from Make.
This contest is brought to you by a collaboration between WeMake 4H and NJ Makers Day.